In recent years, there has been a notable spike in “Babymoons.” For those of you who haven’t heard of this type of vacation, a ‘babymoon’ is that vacation the parents take to relax and spend time together before the baby comes.
It’s the honeymoon before the baby!
Who is going on Babymoons?
It is said to be one of the biggest travel trends of the last decade. Famous new moms like Kate Middleton and Kim Kardashian have also taken part in the trend. For new parents, it is their last time to soak in the love as a couple and realize that their lives are about to change forever and become a family.
Of course, there are things to consider when taking a babymoon to ensure the health of the mother and baby:
1. Time: It is said that the best time is when the mother is 14 to 28 weeks pregnant. Of course, every woman is different and we aren’t doctors (we are photographers), so be sure to consult with a health professional.
2. Safety: Again, talk to your OBGYN. Make sure you’re healthy before you embark in your vacation. Also, it’s probably a great idea to be familiar with hospitals in the area.
3. Restrictions: Flights that are too long might be dangerous. Also, some airlines have restrictions. Make sure to check those restrictions before heading to the airport.
4. Destinations: Look for resorts and hotels that cater to you. Some resorts like the St. Regis Princeville in Kauai are offering packages especially for the moms-to-be.
5. Memories: It’s a great time for home videos or even a maternity photo shoot! Here are some Maternity Photo Session ideas.
Would you take a “Babymoon”?